Penabulu Foundation as partner of PT Pertamina Hulu Energi will be implementing mentoring activity and capacity building for cocoa farmers who works in the working area of PHE NSB through the implementation of “Development Program for Management and Marketing of Business Unit of Excellent Cocoa Cooperative in North Aceh”.
The program is designed to increase the income of cocoa farmers, especially farmers in mentoring areas of PHE NSB. Efforts to improve the welfare of cocoa farmers is done by forming a cocoa farmer cooperative “Excellent Cocoa” which might be expected to have 3 business units that will support each other, include: agricultural services business unit, the business unit of processing and marketing of cocoa, as well as waste processing business unit.
Activities to be carried out in this program include:
- SOP socialization for cooperative boards
- Financial training for cooperative boards
- Cocoa processing training for cooperative boards
- Comparative study with Pidie Jaya Cooperative for the cooperative boards
- Internship in Pidie Jaya Cooperative for representatives of cooperative boards
- Business plan prepation for processing business unit of the cooperation
This program is supported by PT. Pertamina Hulu Energi, with total funding support of IDR 463.550.000,-