Objective/Long term Impact:
Improved collective and individual CSO capacity for effective conservation action throughout Indonesian Wallacea.
Expected results/Short term Impacts:
- The capacity of 75% of CEPF Partners work in 7 PC increased to plan, implement and monitor the conservation.
- The collective ability of Partners network at least in 3 of 7 PC improved to plan, implement and sustain conservation actions collaboratively.
- The capacity of 75% of CEPF Partners work in 7 PC increased to mobilize resource from outside CEPF for sustain the conservation action.
The Project will have five components that will contribute to the achievement of the Strategic Direction 61, 6.2 and 6.3, and will support and inseparable from each other, namely:
- Assessment of capacity status of CEPF Partners and development of agreement on capacity building program;
- Increase the capacity of CEPF Partner in conservation program planning and management;
- Increase the capacity of CEPF Partner in institutional management;
- Establishment of conservation discussion forum in each Priority clusters; and
- Increase the capacity of CEPF Partner in resource mobilization.
Component 1. Assessment of capacity status of CEPF Partners and development of agreement on capacity building program will provide an initial data that will be basis for capacity building programs for CSO Partners who work in Wallacea Biodiversity Hotspot and expected will give the momentum to gain commitment on each CSO involvement in this Project.
Component 2. Increase the capacity of CEPF Partner in conservation program planning and management will focus on increasing the capacity of each CSO in the aspect of management of conservation projects, which will be followed by a Component 4. Establishment of conservation discussion forum in each Priority clusters that aims to further enhance these capabilities to leverage the collaboratively and collectively conservation action on the Priority Cluster level.
While Component 3. Increase the capacity of CEPF Partner in institutional management and Component 5. Increasethe capacity of CEPF Partner in resource mobilization, will complement the activity component mentioned previously, will specific strengthen the capacity of CSOs at the institutional level in managing the program and financial aspects, and to improve the organization’s capacity to carry out the resource mobilization effort in order to ensure the sustainability of conservation action at the level of project, organization and at the level of Priority Cluster.
This program is supported by Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund (CEPF) based document Agreement on August 16, 2016 with total funding support of US$ 320,000.00,-.